Wednesday, January 27, 2010

how do I want to use technology in my classroom

I have already started, not directly in the classroom, but in the "worldwide classroom" by setting up on line things for my Europe interim class.  Anne and I set up a blog site to share with the kids.  I set up a google doc spreadsheet to deal with money.
I have to teach powerpoint, computer skills, etc in health next year.  My kids will not have access to the internet most of the time, but I will.  I can set up presentations, videos, etc.  My students will be able to work on the computers that were donated and bring in pictures, videos, etc with thumb drives.  I can't believe I am ending up teaching computer skills, it is so ironic!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mary,

    the food at DOC is usually very good, but I'm diabetic adn on a very restricted low fat diet and the food choices always tempts me to nudge myself closer to a serious illness.

    I think using a blog for kids to post reflections on their european vacation is an excellent idea. Great use of technology!

    I imagine you are a great you tube star now, I'm certain our video has gone viral!

    Best wishes

    Don Blasingame

    ReplyDelete