Saturday, January 30, 2010
RSS
I have been exploring. I deleted the first couple sites I was following. They sounded great, but ended up being what I call "silly research", I guess that is my hard science background speaking. But, when they decide to do a study on kids in prison and decide that they don't have social protection from doing negative things. Well, duh. Where were the controls? What were you actually testing? No wonder Skinner was such a big influence, at least he was pseudo scientific. Enough ranting. I found some very cool sites. One math teacher was blogging about how his class was going. Interesting, but maybe TMI for sharing with students. Seemed more like self reflection. I did find interesting science updates and algebra games. Not much helpful for health, which surprised me. Maybe I am asking the wrong questions. The best things I found were quilting blogs. Now, I feel like I am living that movie, Julie and Julia. Anyway, back to topic, how to use in classroom. Many, many ways. I can bring in algebra games. I can bring in interesting science topics, some will for sure relate to health. I could send interested students to blogs to play math games.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Quilting blog?? Now that's cool! What patterns?
ReplyDeleteMary, you bring up an interesting point about these sites--a lot of TMI and self reflection! I found it easier to find sites about my own personal interests, rather than finding relevant information for my classroom. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete