Wednesday, February 3, 2010
thinkfinity
When I first looked at this today, I was quite worried. I found a lesson plan for systems of equations. Lesson 1 required a motion detector, lesson 2 required a football field and lesson 3 required graphing calculators for all the kids. The next set of lessons required several RC racing cars. Well, we have none of those tools and the chances of getting them are quite slim. I went looking for lessons on slope and was relieved to find some that would work for my kids. They are not so different from my problems in CPM, which is not surprising since the lessons are meant to be project based and hands on. I found a worksheet that I liked with various slopes for them to work on. I also found some practical applications like mileage that we can do as a class. I was afraid when I started that the application for this would be wealthy schools, but am relieved that there are things I can use and I will try to start this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi, Mary.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I checked out a lesson plan for irony in All Quiet on the Western Front and thought it would never make it as an honors assignment. Write a new ending...too much fun. This did raise the question, why is fun not allowed in honors classes? So instead of just saying "o," I'm going to discuss it with a colleague.
Jane
Hey Mary
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job of sluething to find something that worked. You are soooo 21st century!